The list below contains frequently asked questions about St. John Neumann School for Children & Families. If you have additional questions, please contact us.
How do I enroll in the School?
If you are interested in enrolling your child at the St. John Neumann School for Children & Families, fill out the Request Info & a Tour form to get started or call 717.684.0228. Once we receive your information, a member of our staff will contact you to arrange a tour and answer your questions.
How much is the Cost of Care?
Visit the Cost Calculator to estimate the Cost of Care at the St. John Neumann School for Children & Families.
At SJN, we take several factors into consideration when calculating costs for your family.
- The age of your child will determine the Cost of Care – across most early care settings, the cost is higher for younger children than preschoolers.
- Columbia Borough residents (families living within the 17512 zip code) may qualify for a Resident Discount which varies based on income and the number of people in your household (including children).
- If your family qualifies for the Child Care Works subsidy, that will also influence your cost. Since rates are unique to your family, we will need to complete paperwork with you to determine your costs. Please Request Info & a Tour to start that process.
- Finally, families with multiple children enrolled are eligible for a Multi-Child Discount which takes 10% off the Cost of Care for the oldest child.
At any time, please Contact Us with questions.
Do I need to live in Columbia, PA to send my child to SJN?
No, we welcome all families in the Columbia, Lancaster and York areas. Although our purpose is to provide a high quality early learning experience to young children in the Columbia Borough, our location makes SJN accessible to nearby communities on both sides of the Susquehanna River.
What sets the St. John Neumann School for Children & Families apart from other schools?
The St. John Neumann School for Children & Families was created in response to the need for high quality early education experiences in the Lancaster Community, the Columbia Borough in particular.
We aim to meet the needs of the Whole Child by:
- Providing opportunities for experiential learning and healthy meals
- Reinforcing the skills development and positive behaviors of a ready learner
- Supporting the well-being of the Whole Family in school and at home
- Empowering educators to create experiences that help children learn and grow.
How do I schedule a tour?
Simply Contact Us online or call 717.684.0228 and a staff member will follow up with you to answer your questions and schedule a tour of the School.
While the school is under construction, we will have limited access to the building. However, informational meetings may be scheduled at the Healthy Columbia office (on the 1st floor) where interested families can experience a sneak peek into the St. John Neumann School for Children & Families expected to open in 2021.
What are the School's hours of operation?
The St. John Neumann School for Children & Families opens at 6:30AM and closes at 6PM from Monday through Friday. You will set pickup and dropoff times that meet your family’s needs, but please note we do not offer part-time enrollment. Holiday closures and in-service days are planned well in advance and printed on a school calendar in each classroom. You will also receive a copy of the calendar at enrollment.
What are the enrollment options?
We offer full-time enrollment only so we can deliver a quality learning experience that provides stability to the children in our care.
When will the School open?
The St. John Neumann School for Children & Families is expected to open March 29, 2021. If you wish to be added to our email list to receive updates, please Contact Us here.